If you're an IT systems engineer, it looks like you've really lucked out as far as your employment situation. At least that's according to Focus Research, which recently came out with a list of top-rated professions in the U.S.
Focus started with 7,000 jobs and narrowed down the list by only considering jobs that:
- are expected to grow by at least 10 percent over the next decade;
- require at least a bachelor's degree;
- offer a median pay of at least US$65,000 for experienced workers (who have worked two to seven years in their field);
- have at least 10,000 people employed in that field.
Other factors that were considered included:
- job growth during the recession;
- quality-of-life factors, such as flexibility, stress and personal satisfaction;
- overall pay;
- job security.
Systems engineering made it to the top, boasting a median annual salary of $87,100 and a top salary of $130,000.
Other highly-ranked IT positions included: