Before you hand in your resignation letter, prepare to leave. You may get escorted off the premises on the day you quit, never to return or access the computer network again!
Time Required: N/A
- Take personal property home, so there's no question what belongs to you or the company on your last day.
- Remove personal items (software, emails, etc.) from your PC.
- Collect current contact information from your future references, potential networking associates, and vendors and clients if appropriate.
- Get letters of recommendation.
- Compile a portfolio of your work.
- Write a resignation letter.
- When you're prepared to go, submit your resignation letter to your immediate manager or supervisor.
- Keep a copy of your resignation letter for your records.
- Naturally, you'll have to do this on the q.t. and with the right people at the right time, so you don't let the cat out of bag too soon.
More How To's from your Guide To Job Searching: Technical
~ J. Steven Niznik