CompTIA's Strata Green IT certificate is designed to teach IT professionals how to implement green IT programs and investments, and how to measure the outcome of those implementations.
According to CompTIA, here are topics this certification covers:
- environmentally-sound disposal of waste;
- power preservation;
- reduction of an organization's carbon footprint;
- identification of green IT organizations and standards;
- implementation of virtualization on IT systems;
- calculation of return on investment when implementing green IT initiatives.
CompTIA says its Strata Green IT certificate is geared toward IT professionals who make decisions about their company's IT infrastructure. People with the following job titles may benefit from this certification:
- IT manager;
- data center or facilities/operations manager;
- IT technician;
- system administrator;
- network administrator.
Exams and Preparation
The CompTIA Strata Green IT exam covers green technologies, techniques, standards and policies. There are 30 questions on the exam, which must be completed in 60 minutes. You need a score of 70 percent or higher in order to pass.
CompTIA recommends the following preparations for the exam:
- You should have at least 18 to 24 months of technical experience;
- You should possess CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Server+ certification, or another IT credential;
You can take the exam at a Pearson VUE or Prometric testing center. Courseware will be available from Axzo Press and Element K.
The cost of this exam is US$79 for CompTIA members and $99 for non-members.
There is no renewal requirement.