ComputerJobs.com, headquartered in Altlanta, is a site specifically geared toward information technology professionals. The site is actually part of the JobServe group of online job boards.
- There are four tabs across the top of the main page: IT Professionals, Employers, About Us and IT Resources. The first and last tabs are the most relevant ones for the job seeker.
- There are a number of ways you can search for jobs on the site:
- job location (choose from 21 popular locations listed on the home page, or select your state);
- skill, industry and specialty;
- quick job skill search (select from a list of skills).
- If you want to save your searches with your preferred roles, skills, locations, etc., you should register. Registration will also allow you to:
- receive job alerts;
- apply for jobs and track your applications; and
- upload multiple resumes.
- Click on the "Job Alert" section of the IT Professionals page and fill in the details of the type of job you're looking for, in order to receive emails with the new jobs added to the site that match your criteria (in daily digest format, or individually as the jobs appear).
- A "Quick Upload" section lets you upload your resume to the site so you can use it to apply for jobs. You can upload up to 10 resumes and select the one you want to use when applying for a particular job, or use one resume to apply for up to 25 jobs at once.
- You can also choose to activate your resume, which allows recruiters or employers to contact you directly, and sets you up with the site's automated job-matching service. Potential job matches are emailed to you.
- Check out the "IT Resources" page, where you'll find links to a number of useful resources. You can search for resources according to your location or skill set, or you can look under the "General Resources" section for links to:
- various companies offering resume services;
- sources of company research;
- contractor resources; and
- professional tools (salary comparisons, etc.).