A division of CareerBuilder.com, PrimeCB.com is a job search site that is geared toward baby boomers, retirees and mature job seekers with previous experience in their fields.
PrimeCB lists job postings for part-time, full-time and contract positions in various fields, including information technology and engineering, all of which are pulled from CareerBuilder's database.
Job Search Tips:
- On PrimeCB's homepage, there is a section titled "Baby Boomer Job Search" where you can enter keywords, state your preferred location, or select a category from a drop-down menu, and then click on "Search for Jobs" to view results. You will be taken to a Job Search Results page, where you can click on job titles to see the individual job postings, including location. Many job listings also include the name of the employer, and some specify a base salary.
- You can also search for jobs from the home page by going to the section titled "Boomer Jobs by Category" and selecting Information Technology or Engineering.
- Post your resume by selecting Resume->Resume Tools from the main menu and clicking on the "Upload your resume" link in Step 1. You can also click on "Get your free resume review now," also under Step 1, which will take you to a page where you can fill in your contact information and upload your resume in order to receive a free evaluation and advice on how to improve it.
- Because of its affiliation with CareerBuilder, PrimeCB also advertises a service called cbResume, which offers resume writing help at three different levels (Entry, Professional and Executive) - for a fee. This service can also help you with cover letters, thank-you letters and references.
- Sign up for automatic job alerts by clicking on "Job Alerts" on the main menu and filling out a registration form. Once you submit your information, you are taken to another page where you enter your job alert criteria, such as keywords, location and how frequently you want to receive alerts. You can also opt to receive job alerts on your mobile phone via text message.
- Once you are registered, you can also select My PrimeCB from the main menu, which takes you to a page where you can see the resumes and cover letters you have created on the site, as well as a list of your job search alerts and any jobs you saved for later viewing (you have to scroll down the page to see this information). There are also a number of links on this page that take you to information about other upgraded (paid) services.
- Select "Resources" from the main menu to access articles on general job information, job search tips, resume and cover letter how-to articles, and a blog for retired workers.