About Exit Interview Questions
Employers ask exit interview questions verbally or in questionnaire form. These days, it's not uncommon for exit interview questions to be in electronic questionnaire form on computers.
Exit Interview Questions - Samples
Listed below are samples of the types of exit interview questions that employers commonly ask departing employees.
- What is your primary reason for leaving?
- Did anything trigger your decision to leave?
- What was most satisfying about your job?
- What was least satisfying about your job?
- What would you change about your job?
- Did your job duties turn out to be as you expected?
- Did you receive enough training to do your job effectively?
- Did you receive adequate support to do your job?
- Did you receive sufficient feedback about your performance between merit reviews?
- Were you satisfied with this company's merit review process?
- Did this company help you to fulfill your career goals?
- Do you have any tips to help us find your replacement?
- What would you improve to make our workplace better?
- Were you happy with your pay, benefits and other incentives?
- What was the quality of the supervision you received?
- What could your immediate supervisor do to improve his or her management style?
- Based on your experience with us, what do you think it takes to succeed at this company?
- Did any company policies or procedures (or any other obstacles) make your job more difficult?
- Would you consider working again for this company in the future?
- Would you recommend working for this company to your family and friends?
- How do you generally feel about this company?
- What did you like most about this company?
- What did you like least about this company?
- What does your new company offer that this company doesn't?
- Can this company do anything to encourage you to stay?
- Before deciding to leave, did you investigate a transfer within the company?
- Did anyone in this company discriminate against you, harass you or cause hostile working conditions?
- Any other comments?
Page > 1 2
|"Exit Interview" and "Exit Interview Questions" offer general information only and are not intended as legal advice. Neither the author nor publisher are engaged in rendering legal services. Please see an attorney for legal advice. Because laws vary by state and are subject to change at both the state and Federal levels, neither the author nor publisher guarantees the accuracy of this article. Should you act based on this information, you do so at your sole risk. Neither the author nor publisher shall have any liability arising from your decision to act on this information.|