Below is a sample CV for a technical professional that has chosen an academic path for his career. Use this sample CV as a guide for writing your CV.Curriculum Vitae
Name Name, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0781
Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Special Consultant to the Dean California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
- B.S. (Electrical Engineering) University of California, Berkeley, 1950.
- M.S (Engineering) University of California, Los Angeles, 1952.
- Ph.D. (Engineering) University of California, Los Angeles, 1962.
- Medical and rehabilitation robotics
- Human robot interaction.
- Robot ethics
- 2004 to Present -- Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering, California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo
- 2002 to Present -- University Professor Emeritus, USC
- 1995 to 1999 -- Associate Dean for Research, School of Engineering, USC
- 1984 to 1989 -- Chairman, Computer Science Department, USC
- 1983 to 1998 -- Director, USC Robotics Research Laboratory, USC
- 1978 to 1982 -- Chairman, Electrical Engineering-Systems Department, USC
- 1968 to Present -- Professor of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, USC
- 1964 to 1968 -- Associate Professor, USC
- 1962 to 1964 -- Assistant Professor, USC
- 1962 to 1966 -- Organized and co-directed Engineering Computer Laboratory, USC
- 1958 to 1962 -- Group Leader, Section Head, Senior Staff Engineer, TRW Systems, Los Angeles
- 1956 to 1958 -- Manager of Computer Center, Beckman Instruments, Los Angeles
- 1954 to 1956 -- Service in US Army Signal Corps
- 1950 to 1954 -- Teaching Assistant and Research Engineer, School of Engineering, UCLA
- National Science Foundation, 3/1/08-2/28/11, $297,000, "Research experiences in robotics and autonomous systems"
- NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 1/1/02-9/30/02, $37,559; "Perception and Manipulation in Humans and Robots".
- NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 08/01/98-06/15/01, $520,760; "Design and Implementation of a User Interface for the DARPA Pointman".
- National Science Foundation, 6/1/98-5/30/01, $297,081, "REU Site in Robotics and Autonomous Systems".
- DARPA, 5/97-4/00, $1,358,000; "Intelligent Taskable System Colonies with Learning for Small Unit Operations".
Ph.D. Graduates under Name Name
- Name Name2, "The Estimation of Randomly Varying Parameters in Linear Systems", 1966. Retired Engineer, formerly with Hughes Aircraft, Los Angeles, CA.
- Michael Name, "Synthesis and Identification of Mathematical Models for the Discrete Control Behavior of Human Operators", 1967. Engineer - Qualcomm, San Diego, CA.
- Name Name, "Analysis and Synthesis of Discrete-Time Systems with Control Signals of Variable Amplitude and Pulse-Width", 1967. Cardiologist - Private medical practice, Dallas, TX.
- John Smith, "On the Adaptive Behavior of the Human Operator in Response to a Sudden Change in the Control Situation", 1968 (Deceased).
- Ann Name, "Automatic Control Systems for Legged Locomotion Machines", 1968. Professor of Mechanical Engineering, UC Davis, Davis, CA.
- Name Name, "Mathematical Models of Muscle", 1968. Research Associate at Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- Name Name, "An Engineering Analysis of the Fetal Cardiovascular System", 1969. Biomedical Engineering Consultant, Washington, DC.
- Name Name, "Estimation of the Parameters of Sampled-Data Systems by Stochastic Approximation", 1969
- Name Name, "Hybrid Solutions to Parabolic Partial Differential Equations with Two Spatial Dimensions", 1971. Adjunct Professor - EE and CE at USC, Los Angeles, CA
- Name Name, "Estimation of Cardiac Output Using Respiratory measurements and Real-Time Computation", 1971. Engineer - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., Pompano Beach, FL.
- Name Name, "Synthesis of Mathematical Models of Driver-Vehicle Dynamic in Car-Following", 1973. Associate Dean of Engineering - University of Texas, TX.
- Name Name, "Mathematical Models of Human Driver in Car Following Task", 1974 (Deceased).
- Name Name. "Two-Dimensional Compensatory Tracking with a Tactile Display", 1976. Retired, former Division Director - Hughes Missiles Systems, Tucson, AZ.
- Name Name,, "A Unified Theory of the Causes of Maximum Expiratory Flow", 1976. Retired, former Professor of Electrical Engineering, Cal State Northridge, Northridge, CA.
- Name Name,, "Cardiac Output Estimation from a Respiratory Model", 1977. Professor of Anesthesiology - UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.
- Name Name, "Analysis of Human Gait Using Composite Electromyograms", 1978. President, Lyfsun Co., Santa Ana, CA.
- Name Name, "Identification of Nonlinear Systems with Hysteretrc Elements", 1981. Formerly Engineer with Rockwell Corp., Anaheim, CA. Now in Cyprus (Greece).
- Name Name, "Computer Recognition of Cerebral Palsy Speech Using Nonlinear Mapping", 1984. President, International Cartoon & Animation, Anaheim, CA.
- Name Name, "The Effects of Structural Error on Parameter Identifiability of Dynamical Systems", 1984. Member of the Senior Staff and Group Leader - Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA.
- Name Name, "Identification of Time Varying Delays in Linear Discrete Time Stochastic Systems", 1984. Engineer - Qualcomm, San Diego, CA.
- Name Name, "Motor Unit Deployment in Skilled and Unskilled Movements", 1985. Retired Professor of Physical Therapy - USC, Los Angeles, CA.
- Name Name, “Identification of Robot Models", 1986. Research Engineer - Optivus Technology, Loma Linda, CA.
- Name Name,, "Modelling and Control Algorithms for Flexible Robots by Point Actuators", 1987. Professor of Engineering Technology - Cal State Long Beach, Long Beach, CA.
- Name Name, "Knowledge Based Grasp Planning for Robot Hands", 1989. Associate Professor of Computer Science - Arizona State University, Tucson, AZ.